“With seaside, mountains, lakes, historic ruins and rich cultural heritage, there’s an abundance of incredible sights you can only see in Georgia”, the magazine notes.
The list includes the :
- Pillars of Katskhi – a 40-metre natural monolith with a monastery on top;
- Historical monuments of Mtskheta – a UNESCO World Heritage Site;
- View from the Jvari monastery;
- Vardzia cave monastery;
- Ancient rock-hewn town of Uplistsikhe;
- Udziro Lake – with its stunning reflections;
- Ananuri fortress and church complex;
- Paliashvili National Opera and Ballet Theatre;
- Gadachrili Gora – a neolithic village thought to have produced the world’s first wine;
- Monument celebrating the bicentennial of the Treaty of Georgievsk between Georgia and Soviet Russia;
- Cable cars of Chiatura.
National Geographic is the official publication of the National Geographical Society, founded in 1888. The magazine specializes in articles on geography, nature, science, culture and history.